Saturday, June 12, 2010

SHARING 5 SOLOPENEURER GUIDELINES TO LIVE BY

As a solopeneurer I think it is important to have a set of core guidelines to refer back to when we have those days when we just want to close up shop--literally!

These guidelines govern how I approach my business and the days when I am feeling less capable. Please feel free to incorporate them into your business and work practices.

ALEESHA'S SOLOPENEURER GUIDELINES:

Be confident in your abilities.
Find ways to remind yourself of why you entered into business in the first place. Think about all the things that you love about what you do and focus on that. Think about or visit your website and read about all the people you have helped with your product or service.

Surround yourself with positive people.
People can quickly drag you down if you let them so it is important to find people who lift you up and support your business goals. It is said that you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Choose these five carefully it could make or break your business.

Plan to accomplish your goals.
Planning to accomplish goals has two meanings for me. First, intentionally writing a “things to do” list and intentionally sticking to the list only sets me up for success. Secondly, by keeping a positive attitude about what I need to accomplish and genuinely feeling like I can manage the things I need to accomplish makes for a better attitude while achieving the tasks that I have listed in my things to do list.

Get help and learn to delegate items that are not a good use of your time.
When I first started out I was doing everything myself! YIKES! I was building my website, writing web copy (yes in that order LOL), designing and printing stationary, sending emails, making phone calls... need I list more?!?

Ask for help on the items that you do not know how to do. In other words--do not teach yourself something so that you can do it yourself. When there are task that you can do but it is not a beneficial thing to do for your business then delegate that item to an assistant or intern. There are many ways to find help for your business, start with your local universities “intern and career office.”

Enjoy what you are doing!
It is hard enough to start a business as a solopeneurer but it is REALLY hard when you do not enjoy what you are doing! If you are doing something that, you do not love... then stop right NOW!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger