LEARNING TO LIVE, LAUGH, AND LOVE AGAIN...
It is amazing how fast time flies! It has official been a year since my most recent move to the Big Apple and so I only thought it would be proper to write this post to reflect on my achievements and to mainly pay tribute to those who have helped to make this year fabtabulous!
Starbucks has wonderful customer service and lately I have been paying close attention... maybe too close!
Visiting the Nate Show
I had the awesome privilege of having The Nate Berkus Show and Inside Edition host, Deborah Norville come to my NY apartment and give me a bedroom makeover to start my journey here in New York. This is a blog post I found on Deborah Norville's webiste. Enjoy.
Monday, January 6, 2014
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Listen closely to the words or read the lyrics I have posted in this blog. What do you think? Did Jesus have this dialogue with God? The questions He poses and the perspective he shares"so keen on when and how but not why" - Do we know why but Jesus died.... but he was unsure? My goal is not the discredit, etc.... however more about sharing art that makes me think and challenge the world around me. Thoughts...
I Only Want To Say (Gethsemane) Lyrics
I only want to say
Today I Am... challenging the world around me with questions and inquiries :)
Living here in NYC area and commuting by train makes headphones are as essential as breakfast. Riding the train you can UBER annoyed by all the different sounds and smells and there is nothing like your favorite song to distract you.
Today I Am... Angry because I knew leaving the house that my headphones were not positioned well in my bag and now I have potentially lost a pair of $70 earbuds.
Today I Am... Subjected to listening and sniffing the atmosphere here in the train and doing my best to use this blog post as an out!!
Lesson of the day... Always have a spare pair ;)
Thursday, August 25, 2011
ON TO THE REASON FOR THIS POST
Sunday, August 21, 2011
- Lost 80 LBS
- Realized that weight didn't have anything to do with anything (still working out the bugs on this one from time to time)
- Have a LARGE portion of my family tree completed
- Purchased new wordrobe with some smokin' haute new pumps
- Removed all the toxic people out of my life
- Surrounded myself with wonderful and positive people that push me to grow
- Performed in 2 cabaret performances
- Learned LOTS of new songs
- Won 3rd place and featured exibitor in 2010 Orange Giraffe Project Creative Contest
- 2 weeks of P90X and now I can do at least one regular push up - I'll take it :)
- Found and funished apartment on the expensive East Coast
- Nate Berkus Show and Deborah Norville room makeover
- Purchased an iPod Touch (this upgraded my life - Thanks KB1 for upgrading my world)
- Survived EFFFIN Bed Bugs in my crib (THIS MAKES ME ANGRY) But on to the next...
- Asked for help LOTS of times this past year
- Relied on others to help me
- Mentored two high school students
- Stayed in touch with my FL friends (VERY hard task)
- Manned up and went to dance class :) and continue to go
- Landed job that allows me to combine all my skills and give back to the NYC community
Friday, August 12, 2011
- Always a next level to reach no matter how long you train or how great you are!
- Has no relationship to weight ... you can still be flexible and strong
- You have to be fully aware of your entire body
- You are the instrument ... You don't need anything but yourself to dance.
- You have to trust that your body will do what is in your mind
- It frees me and allows me to escape
- Changes my state of emotions quickly
- It allows me to translate what I hear or feel in the music
- It can be done ANYWHERE and ANYTIME
- I don't care who is watching... Actually I don't know you are watching
Saturday, August 6, 2011
- Write a list of things that you do not want to do / or cannot do because of money, time, waiting for "x" to happen etc.
- Start with the first item you put on the list from action step #1 and start working on this item, immediately. If you an issue with money, time, or any other circumstance... then start with the first action step that works in the direction of removing that barrier.