Thursday, December 2, 2010

AT STARBUCKS

Since my recent move back to The Big City I have been frequenting Starbucks probably more often than I should. I just can't get enough of the package that Starbucks offers, especially now that they are playing Josh Groban's new holiday CD.


On my most recent trips, I have been noticing small changes that Starbucks is making to make the process easier and more enjoyable for customers however; there is one change that I cannot seem to get out of my head. I am usually quick about stating my order to the barista and keeping it movin' but now I find myself pausing after I order my drink to see if this certain change is consistent. In the short seconds that I pause the cashier looks up, on command, and says, "Would you like something to eat with that?" The first time I heard the question I think I said, "No" just because the question sounded so…plain. Something to "eat" reminds of the classic fry question or of “paper or plastic”. You don't "eat" at Starbucks... you snack or better yet enjoy a beautiful, one-of-a-kind, Starbucks pastry. That may be too long to say or strange… so until Starbucks decides to change their messaging—I will keep enjoying my Venti Iced Coffee with Hazelnut with room for milk and “something to eat”!

Today I am…at Starbucks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger