Thursday, August 25, 2011

A MARRIAGE PROPOSAL & SOME TEARS

Before you get too excited...no, it is not a proposal for Aleesha Nash.  HOWEVER, if you are thinking of proposing to me ... then reading this blog post will only get you closer to a "YES!".  I want to receive a proposal that is a hybrid of the proposal in the Twilight Saga: Eclipse (from Edward to Bella) and the proposal featured in this post.  

Men who can command the English language is a turn-on.  You see these guys on TV and in the movies all the time... you know the guys who seem to have all the right words to say.  The words that make you feel like there is no other emotion but, smitten.  Their words make you awkwardly giggle, blush, and then instantaneously zoom off to dreamland where the wonderful life you both share flashes before your eyes and all of this within 30 seconds.  

ON TO THE REASON FOR THIS POST

On one of my attempts to relax and shut out the world around me, I watched "How Do You Know" a movie about a women who starts evaluating her life after she is cut from the USA softball team.  As a person who constantly evaluates life I was intrigued by the overarching theme.

Without giving the movie away I want share my favorite part of the movie... which I say is the turning point of the movie, essentially, a man is having a conversation with a women and the audience eventually sees that the purpose of his rambling is to propose marriage.  

Again in the vein of not giving the movie away I will not tell you more about the actual characters... my purpose is to simply share the part of the movie that brought me to tears! When people just "get you" I fall in love.  Read on and then head to your nearest video kiosk and rent "How Do You Know".  You won't be disappointed. 



THE PROPOSAL
(WRITTEN IN THE FORM OF ALEESHA'S INTERPRETATION OF A SCREENPLAY)

MAN

I don’t want you to think that the reason we are not married is because I think anything of anyone else. It is because I am 40 years old and I am a failure.

WOMAN

If you ever say that again I will kill you

MAN (cont’d)

The reason I never talk marriage to you because I couldn’t stand to see you, the princess of worry, weighted down by me and my limited prospects.

**Looks down sadly**

Because I get your worrying, Annie, and I know allot of people think that it’s a bad thing about you. But I know it’s because you have a great big heart and I love you for it!
  
**Grabs woman’s hand in a frenzy and looks her right in the eyes”

(Cont’d) And then I started to worry about what would happen  to you if you ended up with someone who thought that your worry was …

WOMAN

**Finishing his statement**

...Idiotic

**They both laugh**

MAN (cont’d)

…who wouldn’t get you , ...who wanted you to feel bad about yourself, ...a person who wanted you to be more normal, or wanted you to change, or like yourself more.

**raises voice**

Who didn’t love ALL of you! Someone who just didn’t want to leave GREAT enough alone. 

And I thought …  I can do that for you – that could be a legitimate function or me... in your life.

WOMAN

**nods her head in agreement with tears streaming down her face**

MAN (cont’d)

So, that allows me to propose to you that we get married.  I want to marry you, Annie!

_____________

You will have to watch the movie to see what happens next! ENJOY!

TODAY I AM... FALLING IN LOVE WITH LOVE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger