Wednesday, May 18, 2011

USING MY TIME WISELY

One of the most challenging things about pursuing my “musical” goals is finding the time outside of my work responsibilities to fully focus on personal tasks. With the recent 30-Day Full Voice Challenge finding “time” has been especially difficult.

It is easy to say that there are not enough hours in the day, however, that is not entirely true. My problem is there are not enough hours in my day where I am functioning 100%. A part of managing time well is to identify which hours of the day you are at your best. My best hours are somewhere between 1AM and 5AM when I have to make myself go to bed in order to function at my 9-5.

So how do we make this work????

Most of the time I am squeezing vocal exercises in to my evenings however today I discovered that using my lunch hour proved to be a perfect time to get an hour of vocalizing in and even run through the lyrics of a new song. So if you are having trouble finding the time because you have to go to a full-time job then try using your breaks and lunches as ways to get a personal task done… you can eat at your desk or take bites between notes (like I did to my yummy egg sandwich).

Happy Singing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger