Tuesday, May 25, 2010

DRINKING JUST PLAIN OL' WATER: DAY 1

Ever since I launched this blog all of my bad habits have been glaring me dead in the face.  I have been acutely aware of how I am intentionally making bad decisions just for the simple fact that... I can! How sad, right?!?

So since I have been avoiding the "excercise for 21 days straight" habit integration I told myself that I needed to do something because I am sure that I could have been 50% of the way there if I would have started.  So today I decided to attack my bad habit of drinking too much pop (a.k.a soda OR cola), juice, iced coffee and sweet "yummy" tea!

So the idea is for me to only drink water for 21 days straight! (GROSS) Just straight water --- no secret powders, carbinated water drinks or drinks with the word "water" in their title. 

Growing up I remember my sister drinking water all day long.  She would drink it by the gallon full.  I don't know how she did it but she just did not and still does not like cabinated drinks and she HATES tea.  Once I moved to New York City I had lots of influencers and lifestyle changes that are unique to NYC that forced me to drink water -- but the main motivator was that all the other options were just too expensive - so I just drank water and actually liked it.  For some reason once I got to Florida it was like "no holds bard" on all the yummy liquid calories.

So going through day 1 of drinking all water and I can say that it was no fun.  I actually feel deprived of something and I think that some of the water tasted weird --- like the water that comes out of the water fountains from my grade school days --- like rust! (but that could be my resistant taste buds fighting back.)  BTW, it was no fun going to Burger King and ordering a Whopper Junior with water!

Today I am... not loving water!

4 comments:

April said...

hilarious! i'm just like your sis...could never drink soda/pop. i'm a water fluzzy. love the stuff. heck, i love it so much, i bathe in it. har har har. ? hm, maybe that's only funny to me...

good luck on your 21 day fast!

Aleesha Nash said...

Thank you April. Yes, I don't know how you do it - but I want to be a water fluzzy too! LOL

Lisa E said...

I agree, the water tastes bad here in Orlando. I use a filter to make it better. But go you!

Aleesha Nash said...

Thanks Lisa!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger