Wednesday, May 19, 2010

TODAY I AM...

Every single day I procrastinate and put off the things that would probably benefit me if I actually tackled them. I think in some small way people trick themselves to believe that if they do a lot of small... pointless things that they are really being productive. I have tricked myself too! Every day I tell myself that I have accomplished something because I have managed to get my daily things to do list completed... Well what about the "Things to do for Life" list?!?! There are many things on this list that I don't even want to think about. I read somewhere that people should actually make their things to do list by listing the things they do not want to do... and then working through that list. By doing this you would be in fact be "doing" things that would actually make a difference in your life not just for the moment.
So... having thought about this and watching myself go day by day without any major accomplishments and / or changes in habits --- I decided to launch this blog!

Today I am... started off as a fan page on Facebook and now I want to take that concept and make it a daily blog about my things to do for life list and what I am doing TODAY to change my habits and in turn... change my life!

So wish me luck and keep me lifted up in prayer. Check out the page called "Bad Habits" to see a comprehensive list of things that I will be working towards changing, adding, or removing from my life. The list will change all the time as I go through life making accomplishments and learning more about myself.
 I will use the notion that it takes 21 days to incorporate a habit in to one’s life. So each "bad habit" will be highlighted for 21 days. Some bad habits I will be trying to tackle at the same time as others -- but this will make more sense once I really get the ball rolling.

Today I am... making a decision to get started!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger